Cosplay is popular so to ensure the safety of all attendees and to make sure your hard work doesn’t end up confiscated, please make sure you thoroughly familiarise yourself with our rules and policies.
- SoTFest is a family event, and you should wear a costume that is appropriate. Nudity and extremely revealing costumes are not permitted – you should not wear anything that provides less coverage than a typical two-piece swimming costume.
- You should avoid anything that could be considered offensive – costumes that include symbols of intolerance or hatred will not be allowed.
- As SoTFest is a family event, you should not wear anything that could be considered overly disturbing to children or those of a sensitive disposition. You should also avoid purposefully scaring or causing distress to other attendees.
- Make sure that your lanyard is visible at all times.
- Your costume should not include any sharp edges that could cause injury to yourself or others
- Use your common sense – just because the sword you’re carrying isn’t real, doesn’t mean you should hit someone over the head with it!
- It is your responsibility to make sure that your costume, weapon or prop is suitable for the event. The organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone wearing an inappropriate costume and/or to confiscate any weapon or prop that is considered to be dangerous.
- Please be aware that you may be approached by a member of the Cosplay Team or Security to check your weapon or prop. If this happens, please be co-operative.
- It can get very warm in the main hall, so make sure that you drink plenty of water, especially if you’re wearing a warm costume!
- Any weapon brought to the event must be legal and not cause any bodily harm.
- Take care in crowded areas with your weapons – you should be careful not to knock into anyone, as this may cause injury.
- Behave responsibly, as failure to do so will end in removal from the event.
This year our charity partner is Everyone Can
A charity that helps people of all age ranges and disabilities improve their quality of life through the power of technology.